Friday, March 27, 2009

It's your destiny

I've decided lately that Tyler is destined for a few things . . .

First, to be a picky eater . . . both Ed and I were picky eaters when we were younger. We still are pretty picker, though I am constantly expanding my horizons, especially in the fresh fruit and vegetable area. We have been trying to give Tyler solids for the last month, with little success. I'm not too worried, because he's not 6 months yet and I don't think he really needs solids (plus solids add a lot more work to meal times that I don't think I'm ready for yet!). But we've tried rice cereal, oatmeal, carrots, sweet potatos, and prunes. So far the only thing he has actually opened his mouth for because he wants to eat it is sweet potatos - which makes me think he's going to be picky! I haven't tried fruits yet, because I've heard that if you start them with sweet foods they'll never want the veggies. We'll see. we are approaching a time where I think we'll need to try harder to get him to eat them.

Second, to be a nerd . . . as most of you know, I like science (though I don't think I'm that nerdy!). But as you may or may not know, my dad also enjoys science very much. So I learned today that my dad has been singing his thermodynamics song to Tyler. There is no hope . . .

Hopefully he's also destined for other things, like to grow up knowing and loving God, to be a good friend, among many others!

2 comments:

The Gooch said...

Not to mention:

3. To be awesome because mom and dad are both awesome.

p.s. turn off the word verification for comments!

Matt said...

Careful...your kid is going to grow up around me...