Thursday, December 11, 2008

My place of employment

My place of employment, which shall remain nameless in case they are checking up on me or something, has THE WORST customer service ever. First of all, everything is filtered through a call center in Costa Rica. You can't call billing or disability departments directly, you have to call this call center (where they don't know anything!). First, I had to add Tyler to my insurance. That went OK, relatively speaking - it just took them about 3 weeks to get the forms processed. Next, I had to call because they messed up my paycheck for October. That took a few calls to figure out. Then, I had to call to add Ed to my insurance after he quit the Vineyard. I submitted the form online on Nov 17th, and we STILL don't have Ed successfully added to my insurance. The first time I called to ask them if they needed anything else to get him on my insurance, they said I needed a letter saying his coverage ended. I asked who the letter needed to be from, and they said "anyone". So we had the Vineyard write a letter and fax it over. They never got it. I called the service center back and asked again about the letter, and this time they said it was a HIPAA letter that needed to come from the Vineyard. Of course, the Vineyard didn't know what we were talking about. Finally we figured out the HIPAA letter is something that states that Ed's coverage is ending, and it comes from Humana. So we had Humana fax one over - well, they actually ended up mailing it to us instead. Then we called Humana again, and they did fax one over. But the service center never got it. So we had Humana fax it again to a particular person at the Service Center. And the Service center still claimed they never got it. So I had Humana fax it to me, and I got it. Then I faxed it to the Service Center. I called Monday and was told "oh yeah, we got it and everything is in process,, don't worry". We were trying to get this all done before Ed had a doctor's appointment, which is this Friday. SO I didn't worry! In the course of all of this health insurance stuff, I learned the Service Center only sends information for adding new people to Humana on Wednesdays. So I checked with Humana today, and of course they got nothing from the Service Center yesterday. So I called the Service Center and they say - oh, we never received a HIPAA letter so we can't add your husband yet. I was so upset! I said that I called Monday and was told it was received, and they said that they had no record of that call. They gave me an email address to try, so I tried emailing it. I'm also going to go out now and mail it through the actual mail. I may also have my dad send it through internal mail (as he also works there, at least for 1 more week until he retires!). I'm giving up on faxing it. If they still don't get it, I guess I'll fly to Costa Rica and hand it to them in person.

OK, I'm done venting now :)

2 comments:

Darren said...

Sounds like an evil corporation. I would never work for such a frustrating place.

La Resa's Blog said...

sure you wouldn't ;)